Friday, March 02, 2007

Welcome to the Party!!

Welcome! If this is your first time here, via the Ultimate Blog Party, then double-welcome! :-) A little bit about myself...
  • I'm Stephanie, *cough36cough*, and living in the beautiful state of Tennessee.
  • Most importantly, I'm a child of the King, a sinner saved by grace, and ambassador for Christ.
  • I'm married to Travis, my favorite person in the whole world, and we will celebrate 5 years of marriage this August ('07).
  • I'm a stay-at-home-mama to two beautiful (busy!) little girls who go by N1 and N2 here in internet-land. You can see some recent pics of them here.
  • N1 is 3 years old, super-duper active, and recently potty-trained. (Can I get an Amen!?) She has JUST discovered the joy of reading books, and I am thrilled.
  • N2 just turned 1, just started walking, can say "mama" and "daaaa", and can sign "milk", "more", and occasionally "please." She is my mellow one and adores laptime snuggles and sleeping.
  • I'm also expecting our 3rd little girl and she will arrive late April or early May ... depending on how big she is. I have BIG babies. (Like over 11 lbs. big with N2!)
  • When pregnant, I crave diet root beer, over LOTS of ice, and peanut butter - especially peanut butter and cheese sandwiches.
  • I am thankful every. single. day. that I have the privilege of staying home with my girls and taking care of our home. I really do enjoy almost every part of it ... except cleaning the bathroom. :-)
  • And keeping up with our dogs. Two of them. Siberian Huskies. Can we say "shed"?!
  • I love to read and am a sucker for Christian Fiction. However, I am slowly developing a love for non-fiction and am trying to work more of that into my reading diet, as well as more classic literature. (I read Pride and Prejudice this summer for the first time this summer and fell in love).
  • I work part-time for my church from home - as the church administrator and music coordinator. I do everything from print the bulletins, buy the toilet paper, and pick the music for Sunday mornings. When I'm not in the end-stages of being pregnant, I serve on the music team one to two weeks a month, thanks to an in-town Grandma who loves to come stay with my girls so I can go to music rehearsals and be at church early on Sunday mornings for last-minute run-throughs. Another benefit to being on the music team is that it's something I can do with my husband, a professional musician who came to Nashville to play guitar.
  • A few of my favorite things would be: Diet Coke, purses (current favorites), pens, scrapbooking and card making, organizing, Sunday afternoon drives in the sunshine, Sonic drinks, Target, good popcorn, Netflix, practicing my handwriting/handwritten journaling, West Wing, iTunes, new recipes, making lists, my minivan, real letters (in the mail!), Greek gyros, making invitations/cards/notepads, road trips, good coffee ... and this list really could keep on going.
  • Life isn't perfect here, but God has blessed exceedingly and abundantly beyond more than I could ever ask or imagine.

I look forward to taking the blog party tour and coming by to visit y'all. Thanks for coming by and commenting!

30 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Oh am I your first Ultimate Blog Party commenter? Woo!

    I enjoyed my visit! Peanut butter and cheese sandwiches? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter and cheese sandwiches are fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've craved a peanut butter and cheese sandwich in my day too! Fun Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I enjoyed getting to know you. Those are big babies you have...wow!! I also craved PB when pregnant but only with my first and it was with cheezies!

    Have fun!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey girl. since i've not seen you in person since the "good-ole days", I'm glad I have the opportunity to visit your blog. you're right, it will be easier to keep up with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were just visiting me! How are you holding up with the pregnancy? I know it's hard when they're so close together. I was just thinking that I would love to meet you someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Peanut butter and cheese? Sounds interesting!

    Party on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby loves to eat cheese and peanut butter; I don't get it. ;) I love cheese and I love peanut butter, but I just don't join the 2. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate Cheese and pickles...but the cheese and PB sound prety good, too. Love your blog...but I think the thing I love the most right off the bat is your profile intro. Hang it out there! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha! I'm enjoying visiting. Here through the U Blog Party :) - I'd be back for more reading later...for now, I'm blog party hopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just dropping in from Romania. I'll try to swing by again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao from Italy! Can't wait to read more about you as the week goes on :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for telling me about the fiesta!!!

    PB and cheese? what kind of cheese, may i ask. That sounds interesting. Not sure if I'd find it a good or bad type of interesting, but that could depend on the variety of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new addition!! Thanks for coming by my blog earlier. From one Tennessee gal to another, glad to 'meet' you! I'm not sure I can offer much inspiration on how to juggle it all, but I can share my attempts with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here via the blog party.

    Wow... you are one busy mommy! I have 2 17 months apart and thought I was busy. (Mine are older now, 11 and 9)

    I too thoroughly enjoy my diet coke and do not have to be pregnant to crave peanut butter.
    :-)

    Thanks for the invite to your site and such a nice stay while I was here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party!!! Nice meeting ya.
    Happy party week!

    PARTY ON!!!

    My first party favor give-away has begun. Come over when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my party & I’m glad to join in on yours, too. (So glad to find another babywearer, too!)

    Please be sure to check out a fun Bump! Photo Tag going on tomorrow! I’ll have a linky up … hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:34 AM

    We love road trips here. And we really really miss Nashville. (That's where we lived before we moved to Texas)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stephanie! Great party post.

    I just started working on signs with my 9-month-old, but at the moment, he prefers to say "Eh, eh, eh" and then scream at the top of his lungs. Sigh... Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes. AMEN on the potty training! And my, yes, I'd say you have those babies big. You should be given an award or something...or at least a discount on your hospital bill. ;)

    Lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! stopping by for the party!!!

    thanks for the compliments on my clothes!

    Love your notecards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love diet coke too! Happy partying!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heelllooooooooo Stephanie!
    I'm only up to person No 210, I am NEVER going to get all the way through that whole list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice to "meet" you!
    I look foward to reading more here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love, love, love Diet Coke...especially from Sonic!! I loved getting to know you. I'm all about pens too...it's like a habit I have. And scrapbooking is my love that I don't get to do too much anymore. I hope to start again soon.

    Great party post. I hope to stop by again sometime.

    :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Just stopping by for the party. We have a lot in common: my husband I were married in 2002 (June). We have an almost 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old. I can't wait to hear about the birth of your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Popping in for the party! Your girls are just adorable! I'm laughing at your cravings. I get some weird ones: Taco Bell Taco Supreme with all three kids.

    Come on over; we have fun exploding bubbles going! I'm at womanwithmanyhats.com, which is not my Blogger account.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi! Nice to meet you! Just travelling around the party!
    :^D

    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok - could that picture of your girls be ANY CUTER?!?! OH MY!!! Such DOLLS!

    You sound like you have a busy and FANTASTIC life!!! How fun that your girls are all going to be so close in age. :)

    so great meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Please forgive me for returning you visit so late...

    I truly enjoyed my stay over here and learning a little more about you and your family. You have a great family...

    BTW - I don't think (if we are honest) any woman likes to clean the bathroom :)

    Blessings to you and yours.

    PS: I fixed your link in my comment...you had blogstop *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...