Tuesday, December 21, 2004

All Done!

The Christmas shopping is done. I would have been done a few weeks ago except for the gift for my brother-in-law. He is so hard to buy for and when I asked my sister for ideas she said that he could use some new underwear because he's "hard on his shorts."

Really. Besides the fact that that is waaaaay too much information, I'm not buying my brother-in-law underwear for Christmas.

However, one quick trip to Best Buy this evening and he's taken care of. Then a stop at Target for a few things like detergent and back home for the evening. Travis and Noelle went out and bought a new tub for our house. That is our Christmas present to each other - we (read Travis) are remodeling the bathroom after Christmas. Before visions of granduer rush through anyone's head, it is a very small bathroom with some serious floor rotting issues around the tub and behind the toilet. He's going to go in and replace some of the wood in the floor, put in a new tub, toilet and sink and replace the flooring. (The bathroom is so small that we can buy just a remnant piece of linoleum for it). It will be nice to have a fresh bathroom to look forward to in 2005 . . . and nice to have Travis home the week between Christmas and New Year's while he works on it. :-)

Tomorrow I am hopefully going to finish up some laundry before our trip to visit Travis' family. His mom and step-dad haven't seen Noelle since May so it's going to be fun to watch them with her. They won't believe how much she has changed. She has added some new words to her vocabulary just this past week. "No" and "good girl." When she says "good girl" it sounds like "gooooo guuuurrrrr" and is so cute. That's what I say to her after she has obeyed me, and every now and then, when she does something I've told her to do, she will say "goooo guuuurrr" and prompt me! :-) She is loving having her little boy cousin here this week - it's "bay-bay" this and "bay-bay" that when they are around each other.



I also had my neice some this afternoon and I'll have her again Thursday morning. It's kid central over here! I had hoped to get a little more cleaning done on the house before leaving, like mopping the kitchen, but that may take a backseat until after our trip. One thing I'm looking forward to on our trip is the drive . . . time in the car to read, maybe journal (although I really don't like writing in the car b/c I can't be neat), visit with Travis and read out loud to him. That relaxs me more than anything when we go somewhere. The time away from the phone and regular day-to-day. (I can't say time away from the computer because I usually try and check in with email at least once or twice while gone in case something comes up at church that I might need to handle). But there will be time away from writing here and checking up on my SIR.

I'll close with a review of 2004 that I've been wanting to work on...

What did you do in 2004 that you've never done before?

Was a SAHM for year, went white water rafting with the youth group, planned a PROM for our church. :-)

Did you keep you New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?

I did make some in 2004, but as for keeping them, read here for a belly laugh. I have some that I have been thinking and praying on for 2005 and will write up later.

Did anyone close to you give birth?

My sister and Melissa!

Did anyone close to you die?

No

What countries did you visit?

Uuuuum, none. Unless Texas and Ohio count.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

Contentment with where I am in life; a deeper longing to be in the Word.

What date from 2004 will remained etched in your memory and why?

I don't know that I have one in particular. August was a hard month overall and that will probably stay with me for a while longer.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Learning to be slower to speak and quicker to listen.

What was your biggest failure?

My selfishness in my marriage.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing other than colds and stuff.

What was the best thing you bought?

Our new couch and loveseat that we got back in February . . . we were able to pass on a sofa couch that was MOST uncomfortable.

Where did most of your money go?

Car repairs, home repair, diapers & formula!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Noelle crawling. Noelle walking. Noelle eating "big people" food. Noelle saying Mama - oh, wait, she doesn't do that yet. :-)

What song will always remind you of 2004?

Trading My Sorrows

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Sadder, but in a good way if that makes sense. God is refining.
b. thinnier or fatter? Ahem, baby weight still stuck around.
c. richer or poorer? Poorer, but learning true contentment.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Scrapbooking, reading my Bible, journalling.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Fussing with Travis, reading fiction, being busy (having more margin in my life).

How did you spend Christmas?

We'll spend it in Ohio with my husband's family.

Did you fall in love in 2004?

Yes! With my husband and my daughter.

What was your favorite TV show?

This has been a year of no TV. I can't say I watched any TV show . . .

What was the best book you read?

Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004?

Re-discovery of classical music.

What did you want and get?

To be a stay-at-home-mom.

What did you want and not get?

A minivan!

What was your favorite film this year?

Probably the Harry Potter movie . . . just well done.

What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?

I haven't had my birthday yet . . . it's New Year's Eve. I'll be 30-mumblemumblemumble-something.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

To end it expecting another baby!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Wash and wear!

What kept you sane?

My women's Bible study (just the accountability to be in the Word); my husband.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Ummmm, did I mention that I don't watch much TV?

What political issue stirred you the most?

Legalization of gay marraige.

Who did you miss?

My friend Danni. My friend Laura.

Who was the best new person you met?

The W@H women!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

You're a little piece of heaven
You're a golden ray of light
Ad I wish I could protect you
From the worries of this life
But if there's one thing I could tell you
It's no matter what you do
Hold to Jesus - He's holding on to you

..::Erin O'Donnell::..






2 comments:

  1. Ok. I absolutely *love* your glasses...and geeze oh petes that nephew *sigh* and Noelle. :) I hope yall have a great trip and you enjoy Christmas to the fullest. I'll miss you...beeeeee careful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gooo gurrr" - adorable. My daughter did the same thing - prompted me for approval. I then started saying Good Job! to her and now when I do something she likes she tells me "Gooo job mommy!"

    Have a Merry Christmas. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...