Friday, December 17, 2004

Snoooooooooze

If you are looking forward to the Chronicles of Narnia movies that are coming out in about a year, an online look behind the scenes has been made available - very cool if you are into that kind of stuff.

Trying to get a little work done for church and all I want to do is take a nap. :-) (It always seems that the days that Noelle fusses and FUSSES about taking her nap, those are the days where I am dying for one . . . you know what I mean?) Working on our music team calendar for January with plans to hopefully have it posted on our music team website by Monday. I want to have that off my back before all our team is travelling and exited the state for Christmas.

I need some energy. I think I am still in my post-Christmas program slump from Sunday. I just can't get fired up about anything. I really don't think it's any kind of depression related slump (have done that before). I'm just worn out and ready for some refresh time. The last few nights I've crashed out on the couch and slept hard the whole night. This morning I didn't wake up until Travis went and got Noelle about 7:45 . . . that's very unusual for me. Probably just means I need more sleep that I'm giving myself. I am normally a 10 p.m. to bed person and very regular about that. Lately it's been 11 or later before I even head that way and I'm probably just all off schedule.

Since this post is getting more boring by the moment (!) a small questionaire lifted from Dana's site, but seen elsewhere as well. :-)

1. Egg nog - yum or yuck?
I like it, but in small quantities. It's so rich that I can take about 2 drinks and be satisfied. :-)

2. Stay up until midnight on New Years?
I try. :-) I normally slump about 11:30 p.m. and struggle to make it to midnight.

3. Prefer white or colored lights?
Either is fine, just not mixed together. Colored lights remind me of my tree growing up and my tree now has just white - probably because that was what was on sale.

4. Favorite holiday song.
There are lots I like: O Come All Ye Faithful, I Am, You Are by The Martins, and I love to listen to the instrumental version of Sleigh Ride.

5. What is your tackiest holiday decoration?
I don't think I have anything tacky . . . yet. My Dad does have one of those dancing Santas that blow bubbles that someone bought him from Cracker Barrel. I'm sure I'll end up with that "family heirloom" someday. :-)

6. Do your kids have too much and you wonder just WHY you are getting more??
Thankfully, no. We've really worked on not buying Noelle a lot of toys and just rotating the few that she has. We'll see how I answer this after Christmas, though, after we've visited both sets of grandparents.

7. If you celebrate Christmas, when does your tree go up and come down?
Normally goes up around Thanksgiving - no set day, just whatever is convenient for me to get Travis to get it out of the attic. This year we put it up the weekend before since we were going to be out of town over Thanksgiving and I didn't want to have to come home and put it up right away. It will probably come down after the first some time. When I was little, my Mom always took the tree down right after Christmas. My birthday is New Year's Eve and she wanted to have all the Christmas over with when it came time for birthday. I'm enjoying not being so rushed in taking down the tree.

8. Open presents on Christmas eve, morning, or other?
Christmas morning. This year, we are leaving Christmas Eve to go to Travis' folks, so we will probably have our Christmas with Noelle on Christmas Eve morning.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I remember the days of one child and rotating toys and neat and clean and tidy playrooms. Now I'm just considering rotating children...would you like me to send you one of mine? Complete with his own set of toys?
    *giggles* I've been kind of slumpy too...like the winter blahs only I live in a tropical climate with sunshine and 85* temps. Maybe that's it, I need actual winter weather. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...