Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Christmas Post

Complete with photos. :-)

We had a nice Christmas. It was quiet, but very enjoyable. As I explained more here, our jaunt to Ohio was sidelined by the wintery weather they had. Christmas was just the three of us (5 if you count the doggies) and we had a good day. Noelle is still not understanding the whole opening presents thing so we helped her open her new Veggie Tales car and it sang and drove all around the family room. I took advantage of the holiday to wear pajamas all day (shhhhh!) and read a book almost the whole way through. I haven't relaxed that much in who knows how long. Travis worked some around the house - he loves that kind of stuff and that's how he relaxs, and so we did do some cleaning . . . like moving all the furniture in the family room to vacuum under it. I also made my very first Christmas dinner. It wasn't grand or fancy since I had just one day to find out that I needed to feed us, but it was most yummy. The highlight as voted on by all was the homemade mashed potatoes. We never have mashed potatoes and I think this was only the 2nd time that I've ever made them from scratch in my life. They turned out sooooo good. (I think because we only had Noelle's rich whole milk to put in them and butter). I may need to make them again very, very, very soon. (The rest of the menu included ham, green bean cassarole, and corn, but it all paled next the wonder that was the potatoes! Hehehe!)

We spent Christmas Eve with a family in our church. Their traditional Christmas Eve dinner is shrimp and pizza. Our family has joined theirs every Christmas Eve since we moved to Tennessee and it was wonderful to go over to their house and spend the evening with friends. That was one thing I was going to miss when we had planned to be gone. Our hostess always has a beautiful Christmas tree set up and, of course, I utilized it as a backdrop for some photos...

Here are pictures from our Christmas Eve.

And, here are pics from our Christmas day.

Noelle also got to play in the snow some this past weekend. She had experienced her "first snow" last Thanksgiving in Ohio, but since she was 7 or 8 weeks old, I'm sure her memory of it is rather fuzzy. :-) Please note that I did dress my girl with pink pants and a red coat. Do not adjust your monitor!





Cheri asked me three questions so I will answer them before getting back to some housework:

1. Where do you see yourself/family in 10 years?

I would love to still be home and be homeschooling our children. I would not be surprised if we didn't move at some point so that Travis could get some graduate education - whether seminary or something else.

2. How did you like moving around while growing up?

I don't know that I really thought much about it at the time. It just seemed like the way our lives were and people were supposed to move every few years like we did. Now, looking back, I think it was good for me in that I am more confident about being in new situations - not necessarily the most outgoing person - but I can go to something new by myself and survive. I would wish for my children, however, that they have a little more stability growing up that I did. Moving so much, I made few close childhood friends and that is one thing that I have really struggled with as an adult . . . opening up to folks and having to learn how to make and be a friend.

3. What do you hope 2005 holds for you...it doesn't have to be deep or anything...but is there any goal you want to acheive or craft you want to tackle etc.

Hmmmm, one of my goals is to get back into a routine with my scrapbooking. Noelle is getting to an age where she loves to look at people she knows in pictures and I want to have something I can show her. I also hope to spend more time in the Bible over the next year and set some patterns for many years down the road. Just off the top of my head...

I have some other questions, but I've typed long enough for today. I'll tackle them throughout the rest of this week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...