Thursday, December 02, 2004

Plugging Away...

Note: Leann posted her last entry or two in green and it was so Christmas-y I'm going to try it. :-)

Working away here this morning on my church printing - prayer sheet, bulletin, etc. At the moment I'm waiting for the printer to catch up with me. :-) We are home almost all day today - yeah! Travis and I have a music/Christmas rehearsal this evening and my Mom is coming over to watch Noelle for us. We've done too much running around this week. Tomorrow we have our Friday trip to the library and we have been invited to lunch at some friends' house, then in the evening I am off to our church's monthly scrapbook & craft night. I'm looking forward to that. I haven't been to one of our monthly nights since August, I believe, so I'm hoping I can get a lot done.

Noelle note: She can now say the word "go." Sounds something like "gaaaaaah" and she gets what it means, too! If I even mention that we are going to go somewhere, she is pulling and squirming until she is in her carseat ready to go.

Last night was our first sit-down meal since we've gotten back from Thanksgiving. (Sit-down meaning at the table as opposed to sitting in the family room on our comfy chairs). We had BBQ keilbasa, squash cassarole and green beans for dinner. It was so yummy. I love cooking and the squash cassarole recipe was from the new Mitford cookbook that was published a few months ago (Puny's Squash Cassarole). Literally, melted in my mouth! I asked Travis what he thought about it and it said that it was good except for the squash! I didn't realize that he's not a big fan of squash so unfortunately, that means all the leftovers are for me. :-) Right now, I have chicken stewing in the crockpot and am hoping that I can make some form of chicken noodle soup with it later today. One of my resolutions for 2005 is going to be to learn how to cook a whole chicken, whether in the crockpot or roasting it. I've been balking at that for a couple years now, and it's soooo much cheaper to make it that way that buying the boneless breasts just to stew it.


Speaking of resolutions, I went and pulled out what I had written down for my 2004 resolutions. Had quite the chuckle when I saw how I had not kept any of them. In review:

1. Spend time in the Word. My goal - to read all four gospels this year.
Sadly, did not even come close. I managed to keep up with the women's Bible study at church, but that was about it. I think this was directly related to the fact I did NOT keep resolution #2.

2. Read only 1 fiction book a month.
I am trying to cut back on my fiction reading . . . I think I'm going to try and stay in Dana's Coffee and a Book group for 2005 and that will give me a fiction book to be reading and it will make me go slower and savor it. I read too fast and plow through books rather than enjoying the time snuggled down with one.

3. Write down one thing every day that I am thankful for . . . and then give thanks for it!
Did I even put this as a resolution??

4. Less carbohydrates, more fruits and vegetables!
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha

5. Serve my family with joy, doing ALL things without grumbling!
I may have actually made some progress on this one! See yesterday's post. :-)

And so, because I can't stand his cuteness - a recent picture of my 7 week nephew.

1 comment:

  1. STOP posting pictures of him, or I'm coming there and stealing him away in the dark of night. ;) He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...