I can't remember the last time that I was by myself in the house. Seriously. I'm sure it's happened before, but it's probably been at least since N2 was born ... so three years ago? Wow. And, because I know you are all dying to know. This is what I did as soon as the car pulled out of the driveway:
- checked my email.
- picked up all the toys in our big family room. All of them.
- did a little birthday surfing on Amazon.com for one soon-to-be-2-year-old, without little faces looking at the toys with me.
- vacuumed the big family room without the aforementioned toys on the floor.
- threw away a few things that the girls will never ever miss.
- took a shower with very hot water.
How's that? I'm sure if I had known the hour was coming up, I probably would have made better use of my time, or actually planned on just sitting in my chair with a cup of coffee (or a diet coke that no one would be asking for sips from) and reading, but I did the best I could with what I had. What do you do when you are home alone? Or, are you like me and it's a complete rarity? :)