Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Yesterday

After the super-duper fun Monday, we woke on Tuesday to this:


A sick little N1. :( She felt horrible all day long - took 3 naps and was in bed by 6:30 p.m. after being unable to keep anything down all day and running a fever. We're up in the air as to whether or not we'll go into the dr. today. She was up this morning at 6:30 and seems much perkier, but she is still running a decent fever. Poor girl - it takes a lot to stop her energy and this knocked her out yesterday.



Then, this is what I discovered when I went to clean my crockpot after dinner! The whole bottom had cracked clean through and separated in the base! The tragedy! I hadn't even noticed because I used one of these bags to cook our dinner in and when I went to take it out, I noticed the break. Thankfully, I do have another liner for my crockpot - it's a divided one which works just fine for my family size. It's a little small for when I feed my extended family, but we'll make do.

All that to say, it looks like we don't have to have a big party to have an excited day around here!

3 comments:

  1. You might want to take her, even if it's just for a walk-in throat swab. All 3 of mine have strep with fevers that started Monday. Our ped says she's never seen so much strep in April before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the sickies. I hope it isn't strep. Strep is going around GA like crazy. Peanut has had a nasty nose and cough for about a week after being around a little kid with strep...so far....no doc appt.... Hope y'all get over this before Easter!

    BTW, never knew that the crock pot could just crack like that. I love those divided crock pots! I have just a normal one, but always drool over others that have the "fancier" crock pots!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crock pot pic is scary. I wish I had made a crock pot recipe today. Instead, we're eating cereal and doughy crescent rolls because I didn't have time to let them cook long enough.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...