Our Easter and Spring Reading
Here are some of the books that we have been reading over the last several weeks. As you will see, some are specifically spring titles and some are specifically about Easter. Also, some are ours and some are the libraries, but I have found several titles that I want to add to our shelves.
- Little Baa by Kim Lewis
- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
- Mary Had a Little Lamb, told and illustrated by Iza Trapani
- Wake Up, Sleepy Bear by Christine Morton-Shaw and Greg Shaw
- Peter Rabbit: Rainbow Shapes and Colors
- The Shy Little Kitten
- The Fuzzy Duckling by Jane Werner Watson
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Spring Story by Jill Barklem
- The Poky Little Puppy
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- Home for a Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (illustrated by Garth Williams!)
- The Legend of the Easter Egg by Lori Walburg
- The Parable of the Lily by Liz Curtis Higgs
- A Tale for Easter by Tasha Tudor
- Chicken Sunday by Patricia Polacco
- Miss Fannie's Hat by Jan Karon
- A Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt
Strep throat has sidelined us for the past few days (we ended up going to the dr. yesterday for the diagnosis and antibiotics) so we are planning on starting our Easter lapbook today. Thankfully we have had lots of great read-aloud books to get us through this week of being housebound!
For more great ideas and posts on reading aloud to your children, head over to Hope is the Word for Read Aloud Thursday. And for support and encouragement to read aloud to your children in general, visit Jennifer's Read Together post!