Friday, July 02, 2004

Happy 4th, Ya'll!

This looks to be a fairly quiet 4th of July weekend for our family. I'm looking forward to it. After travelling last week, I'm excited about the whole weekend in town, and that Travis has Monday off. We were actually supposed to be out of town this week, too - Travis' extended family has a family reunion every year at a cottage on Lake Erie around the 4th of July. But, with Travis' new position at work that he started about 2 weeks ago, he couldn't up and leave for a trip this soon. Right now I'm thankful we're not travelling again, although I miss the opportunity to catch up with family (some who I feel like I'm still trying to get to know) and for Noelle to play with her cousins.

Our/my plans for the weekend:
~ mop kitchen floor - woo-hoo!
~ recaulk the bathroom (that's actually Travis' project!)
~ possibly go to a scrapbook night at church tonight. The thought of packing up my scrapbook stuff to go down for a few hours doesn't sound appealling at the moment, though.
~ Free Casting Crowns concert today - at lunch time at a local church. Maybe - depends on the rain/drizzle that is presently occurring.
~ Nothing on Saturday's agenda!! Could possibly do some fireworks . . .
~ Nothing on Sunday's agenda!! Besides church of course . . .
~ Nothing on Monday's agenda!!



I had to put this little picture of Noelle up - a girl needs her privacy when on the phone. :-)

And lastly, Friday's Feast:
Appetizer
Name a board game you enjoy playing (Scrabble? Monopoly? Trivial Pursuit?) What's fun about it? Do you change the rules or go by the book?
I'm not a huge game person, but my favorite is probably Trivial Pursuit. I would rather play a board game where I am on a team with someone than by myself at something like Monopoly or Scrabble - both games that I am HORRIBLE at.

Soup
How's the weather been in your area lately? Hot and dry? Wet and muggy? Stormy? Beautiful?
Wet, damp, drizzly, humid, hot. In a nutshell.

Salad
Do you consider yourself an emotional person? What types of emotions do you experience most often?
Yes! Top 5 emotions: Bursts of love for my baby & husband, weepy/sad, excited, frustrated, introspective (which at times can also be depressed)...

Main Course
List 3 songs you've been listening to recently. Are these songs from a different category of music than you usually choose, or are you devoted to a certain type of tunes?
This is so embarrassing . . . Jessica Simpson's "I Think I'm in Love With You," Jeremy Camp's "Beautiful One," and "Sport Utility Vehicle" from the VeggieTale A Snoodle's Tale. I generally stick to contemporary Christian music, but the Jessica Simpson song is very summery and I like singing it. *blushes*

Dessert
What's on your refrigerator door? Magnets? Your child's drawings? Photos? Calendars?
Photos of Noelle and family, a few pictures that my neice has drawn, pizza coupons, and usually my meal plan for the month.

Happy 4th! God bless America . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...