Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ::: March 23

Outside my Window ... it is once again beautiful. I'm going out on my deck and reading here in just a few minutes and soak up a little vitamin D.

I am thinking
... a nap. I have a few precious moments of rest time and I can't decide whether a power nap or sunshine is what I need most.

I am thankful for ... a weekend that had absolutely nothing on the schedule. We haven't been so laid back and relaxed in several months and it was so wonderful.

In the learning room ... a spring and Easter book list and lost of talking about the changes that come with spring. The flowers are not blooming fast enough for N1 right now - she's ready for some color.


From the kitchen ...

Monday
: leftover BBQ lentils and rice with the addition of some lettuce and various toppings to make a salad
Tuesday: crockpot pizza soup, garlic bread
Wednesday: quesadillas
Thursday: BBQ beef & beans with cornbread (from the freezer), corn, salad or green beans
Friday: pizza night
Saturday: shopping day; planning for stir fry for dinner but who knows

I am creating ... a few goodies for some friends that have been tested and stretch of late. Just a few spring-like reminders that He makes all things new again in His time. What a promise. Also playing catch-up on my 365 album.


I am going ... to have another quiet week this week. Yes'm. It is good.


I am wearing ... mid-calf lenth blue & white skirt, white top.

I am reading
... The Mysterious Benedict Society. So far, very good! Also Ministry of Motherhood. Those are the top of the stack right now, but you can see my full reading list in my Spring Reading Thing post. That will keep me busy for a few months, anyway. :)

I am hoping ... For another week to catch-up and unwind. Need to get my bedtimes and waking times back on their proper scheduled. That is one area that I don't care for much deviation ... I can really tell when I'm off.

I am hearing
... the dryer humming. It's about to sound off for me to switch loads so must. type. quickly. :)

Around the house ... several jars of dirt adorn our end-tables and coffee table. N1 has taken to digging and searching for snails and worms and has several jars of her new pets. Hmm. She is loving it though ... and I'm doing my best to save jars and things as we empty them so I'm not forced to sacrifice my tupperware for her "friend" collections. (I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how many times I wash it, I won't be using it again).

One of my favorite things
... little girl toes peeking out of summer sandals.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ...
not a whole lot. The regular routine of dance and Bible study. Travis and I have dinner plans with good friends on Friday night that I'm looking forward to - long overdue catching up and conversation. Other than that, another quiet week stretches ahead of us.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ... a couple cute girls. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love toes peeking out of flip flops. I pulled mine out for the first time this season, and I'm looking forward to a pedicure next week.

    I sacrificed the tupperware for a rousing game of Drown the Lego warriors last week. I'm still missing lids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...